Well this is my second go with this pattern and it has got better! I tried the long sleeve version this time. I have never put cuffs on a sleeve before so that was a good lesson to learn. I am pleased with the end result although the cuffs are supposed to be double cuffs but since I forgot to measure the arm length before cutting (which was stupid as I KNOW I have longer than average arms) the sleeve was a bit short. Thankfully by leaving the cuffs as they are the sleeve was the right length.
I also forgot to lengthen the bodice a bit but I applied bias binding to the hem to keep the hem as short as possible. I self covered some buttons in the fabric scraps which I was really pleased with.
Overall I like the blouse although in retrospect I wish I had thought a bit more about how I cut it out as I would have liked the collar to have been in the pink/black check fabric. As you can see from my previous post the material had quite a wide band which was consumed by the facing as the facing on this blouse was part of the front as opposed to a separate piece. I could have cut the facing off, added a seam allowance and then could have got more of the pink/black check into the blouse. As it is the facing is all pink/black check which did show through the blouse until I put some interlining in.
Still all sewing is feedback so I learnt a lot on this project. I am going to have another go at this in a couple of months – I want to make a cotton, sleeveless version – this time I want to pin back the lapels. Still here is a reminder to lengthen the body first before I take hold of the scissors!!